Thanks to indicators collected in real time and presented on ergonomic dashboards, HR department employees can now :
- Identify at a glance all the activities on which it is necessary to act
- Put in place procedures to optimize work
- Save time between process steps
- Clearly identify bottlenecks
- Facilitate the flow of information
- Assist with compliance with employment law requirements
- Secure the flow and confidentiality of data
For example, when hiring or terminating an employee, automation solutions can prevent “human” errors in communication or information transfer between the departments involved (the employee’s operational department, IT, accounting, general secretariat, security, etc.). The more fragmented companies are in terms of the number of subsidiaries spread over a given territory, the more essential this type of automated management becomes.
The benefits of automation in 5 concrete examples
1. Vacation requests
- It allows the employee to record his or her request on a form that automatically indicates the number of days remaining that can be taken as leave.
- Schedulers can easily access a shared calendar to verify the proper distribution of time off within teams.
- And once the application is approved, automated data processing by human resources and finance is just a formality.
2. Recruitment, selection and hiring
The recruitment of new employees is one of the major HR procedures. Its management requires the mobilization of a certain number of employees within the HR department and the department concerned by the recruitment. The procedure is also divided into many successive stages:
The hiring request from the head of the department concerned, the request for selection of candidates, the internal and external search for candidates, the analysis and selection of CVs, the call to the selected candidates for interviews and tests, the presentation of the pre-selected candidates to the head of the department concerned, etc.
It is obvious that automating some of the steps in this complex procedure brings agility to the overall process.